Weight Loss Exercises
Weight Loss Exercises Featured Article
How to Lose Weight
by Mike Roussell PhD(c)
Warp Speed Fat Loss
There are many different ways to lose weight – some ways are very good and some days are very bad. In this article we will look at four wrong ways to go about losing weight and then six effective fat loss strategies that you can use to increase not only your fat loss but the rate in which you lose weight.
First, let’s look at the wrong ways to go about losing weight:
* Focus on Creating an Energy Deficit by Reducing Calories - You need to create an energy deficit but reducing calories leads to the slowing of metabolism. It is important to focus on increasing energy expenditure AND reducing calories (slightly).
* Removal of Dietary Fat - Despite all the advances in science many people still believe that absolute reduction of dietary fat is the key to losing body fat. This is not the case.
* Relying on Weight Loss “Gimmicks” - Eating Cabbage or Grapefruit at every meal to lose body fat isn’t smart. These “diets” rely on absolute caloric restriction to elicit temporary fat loss not some special characteristic of the “gimmick food”.
* Believing Some Chinese Tea Will Make You Thin - These webpages are ALL OVER THE PLACE. People don’t make 1,000s of webpages selling a product unless people are buying the product. There is no magic tea from China that will help you lose weight. Green Tea can help (but you need to drink A LOT). Ignore the celebrity “endorsements” skip the magic tea.
Now that we got that out of the way, let’s look at six strategies that you can use to start losing weight right now. No fluff. This is what you need to do.
* Limit your intake of rice, sugary drinks, potatoes, bread, etc to directly after your workout. This takes advantage of a biochemical window in which your body is put in a state to better process these types of foods instead of having them lay the foundation for another layer of body fat.
* Increase your intake of green leafy vegetables (preferably to every meal). Green leafy vegetables have a ‘volume advantage’ meaning that you get to eat lots of them without eating a lot of calories. This is a huge benefit when dieting as it will help curb your hunger.
* Eat 5-6 times each and every day. Eating more often is a required habit if you want to lose a lot of weight. It will allow for better control over blood sugar levels, a constant flow of nutrients to your body throughout the day, and it will help curb hunger cravings because you will constantly be eating.
* Eat more protein (every meal). Protein is your ace in the hole. It takes more energy to digest than other nutrients, supports the maintenance and protection of your lean body mass, and is a good replacement for carbohydrates as it is not a large stimulator of insulin which you need to control when dieting.
* Participate in metabolically demanding strength training and interval training 3-5 times a week. Metabolic resistance training, categorized by short rest periods and sets of 8-12 reps will help you melt off the fat. Don’t be afraid to lift heavy weights just because you are dieting.
Rinse and Repeat (okay don’t ‘rinse’ but repeat these steps everyday and watch your pants fall off your waist).
There you have it – Four ways to completely sabotage your fat loss and six strategies to burn maximum fat. Now listen to step 6 and put them into action!
About the Author/More Info:
Warp Speed Fat Loss is a complete 28 day diet and training system crafted to help you lose 10,15, or 20lbs of body fat in just 28 day. To start losing weight fast visit Warp Speed Fat Loss. Mike Roussell is a nutrition doctoral student at Pennsylvania State University. Mike's writings can be found in magazines such as Men's Health, Men's Fitness, and Testosterone Nation. Mike specializes in fat loss nutrition and diets for busy men and women who need to lose weight fast without it interfering with their lives. Warp Speed Fat Loss is a complete Done-for-You A-Z Fat Loss Blueprint that gives you exactly everything you need to eat to lose weight in record time.
Weight Loss Exercises Based on HIIT
Basing your weight loss exercises on the HIIT techniques could be your best bet for fat loss.
Multiple studies have shown that HIIT (High Intensity Interval Exercises) are far more effective at burning body fat than lower intensity aerobic training. One study showed that HIIT burns nine times more body fat, in less time than an endurance training program.
These high intensity weight loss exercises elevate your Resting Metabolic Rate for up to 24 hours post exercise, and improves your aerobic capacity. Another positive is that you will maintain or even build your muscle mass. So you burn fat for 24 hours and get in aerobic shape to boot.
And you can do these weight loss exercises in about 12 minutes a day, three days a week.
So how do I do it?
Before you pencil in a time slot on your calendar, realize that is a very intense program. It's only 4 minutes of hell combined with eight minutes of warm up/warm down to get in the best shape of your life.
The HIIT weight loss exercises are based on 20 seconds of intense activity, followed by 10 seconds of rest/recovery, repeated for 4 minutes. You start with a four minute warm up period and end the exercises with 4 minutes of warm down.
Here's a sample workout:
HIIT using sprints as exercise choice-
Looks easy huh?
- Jog four minutes for warm up.
- Sprint for 20 seconds.
- Walk/Jog for 10 seconds.
- Repeat Sprint/Walk for seven more cycles.
- Jog four minutes as warm down.
This thing will kick your arse!
But the reward is your body fat melting off like buttah.
If running is not your deal, there are other HIIT weight loss exercises. Choose an exercise that uses as many muscle groups as possible.